Being an ancient colony of the British Empire, golf is practiced in Mauritius since 1902 when the first Golf club, The Gymkhana Golf Club, was open by the Royal Navy members.
The Mauritius Gymkhana Club was founded as a service club for these British officers serving in Mauritius during the entire period of the first half of the nineteenth century.
The golf courses started as a 9-holer, and was increased to 18-hole in the 1950’s. Today the golf course is a 18-hole, par 68 of 4,870 meters long.
Location: Suffolk Close, Vacoas – Mauritius Central region
Length: 4,870 meters (5,325 yards)
Course Designer: The course designed and built by the British Royal Navy army at 1902